Spicy Vegan Noodles
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Small onions
- 4 Garlic cloves (minced)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 pinch Red chili flakes
- 12 oz Spaghetti noodles
- Roast red peppers in the oven for 30 minutes at 260 C. Cover in foil to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the peel, stem, and skins and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes until golden—season and stir with salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta as per instructions and add a hint of olive oil.
- Blend roasted peppers, sautéed onions and garlic, milk, chili flakes, yeast, and cornflour. Season with the same seasonings as per taste.
- Blend until creamy and cook in a skillet over medium heat to thicken the sauce. Once it simmers, lower the heat, leaving it on a simmer.
- Toss noodles with a hint of olive oil, seasonings, and lastly, add the thick sauce. Mix and coat well.
- Garnish with cheese, chili flakes, and fresh herbs.