Semolina crusted chicken cutlets is a delicious recipe that results in tender, juicy, and simply tasteful chicken cutlets. The best thing about this recipe is that it is very easy to make. You can make it in significantly less time. Above all, it is also very easy to store, and therefore you can make it in large batches.
This chicken cutlet recipe is healthy, tasteful, affordable, and kids friendly. So, whether it is lunch or midnights snack, you can enjoy these cutlets any time of the day. They are super versatile and go well with almost anything.
Here is everything you need to know about these delicious chicken cutlets.
Chicken cutlets with semolina are very easy to make. The ingredients used are fairly simple and are readily available at every grocery store. The ingredients are pretty inexpensive as well. Making this recipe super affordable and perfect for everyone. Here is a list of everything you will need for this fantastic recipe:
- Chicken: The main ingredient of these cutlets is chicken. For this recipe, you will need boneless, skinless chicken. You can either choose a chicken breast piece or a boneless thigh piece. Either way, make sure it is boneless. If you use frozen chicken, thaw it first; otherwise, the moisture will ruin the cutlet mixture and runny. Always go for fresh chicken.
- Semolina: The other main ingredient of this recipe is semolina. Semolina is a type of flour that is made from durum wheat. It is readily available at every grocery store. Semolina is widely used in several dishes like breads and pasta etc. it is known for its health benefits and is jam-packed with several healthy nutrients.
- Milk: You will need whole, full-fat milk for this recipe.
- Egg: A whole chicken egg is enough for this recipe. The egg acts as a binding agent and thus is responsible for the body of the cutlets.
- Coriander powder: Coriander powder has a beautiful aroma and an earthy flavor.
- Salt: A little salt is perfect for balancing ou the flavors of the cutlets.
- Oil: You will need oil for frying the cutlets. You can use any cooking oil or canola oil for this purpose. Olive oil or avocado oil also works very well for the purpose.
How to Make Semolina Crusted Chicken Cutlets?
Making these chicken cutlets is undoubtedly the easiest thing you can do; the preparation process takes no more than 20 minutes. Above all, you don’t need expensive equipment to make these. All you need is a food processor, and that’s it. Here is a step by step guide on how to make these cutlets:
Step 1: Start by preparing the chicken. You will need boneless and skinless chicken for these cutlets. Wash the chicken thoroughly with cold water and at it dry using a kitchen knife.
Step 2: Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken into small pieces. This way, it will be easy to mince, and it will chop evenly.
Step 3: Put the duces chicken in a food processor bowl. Crack a whole egg and process it until the chicken is minced.
Step 4: Take the minced chicken out of the food processor bowl and into a deep bowl. Season it with salt and coriander powder.
Step 5: Pour in half of the milk and, using a wooden spoon, mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
Step 6: In another bowl, pour milk and add semolina. Mix well and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Step 7: After 10 minutes, add the semolina to the minced chicken mixture. Mix well using your hands or wooden spoon.
Step 8: Grease your hands with oil and start shaping small portions of the minced chicken mixture into cutlets. Place them on a plate.
Step 9: Heat oil in a frying pan and add cutlets. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 10: Flip the cutlets and let them cook on the other side too. Once they turn golden brown, remove them from the frying pan and serve alongside your favorite dip.
Tips for Making Chicken Cutlets with Semolina
Although making chicken cutlets is fairly simple, we all like to have perfect results. For that, you will have to keep a few things in mind:
- Make sure the milk and egg are at room temperature.
- If you find the minced mixture to be runny, you can add a little all-purpose flour to it. It will soak up the extra moisture and will help in maintaining the shape of the cutlets.
- You can also dust the cutlets with all-purpose flour. This way, they will be easy to handle and won’t be sketchy.
- To give the cutlets body, you can place dip them in egg and then in bread crumbs.
- If you want to bring in more flavor, add dried herbs like thyme, rosemary, oregano basil, etc.
- You can add more spices like red chili flakes, paprika, and black pepper powder to the minced chicken mixture. This way, you will get more flavors into the cutlets.
How to Store Chicken Cutlets?
The best thing about these chicken cutlets is that they are super easy to store. You can place the cooked cutlets in an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Furthermore, you can also freeze the cutlets for later use. For that, you will have to place them in a baking tray and place the tray in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
Once the cutlets are hard, take them out, place them in a zip lock bag or freezer-safe container. Make sure you place a piece of parchment paper in between them so that they don’t stick together and are easy to take out. You can freeze the chicken cutlets for up to 3 months. When consuming them, cook them on medium to low heat. You don’t need to thaw them. Moreover, you can place them in the refrigerator if you want to cook them later.
How to Serve Chicken Cutlets with Semolina?
There are so many different things you can serve with these chicken cutlets. These are pretty versatile and go well with so many things. Here are a few ways you can enjoy these simple yet tasteful cutlets:
- Dips: You can enjoy these chicken and semolina cutlets by serving them alongside your favorite dips. Whether it is ketchup, garlic mayo, or honey mustard dip, these cutlets go very well with almost every dip.
- Sandwiches/burgers: One of the best ways to serve and enjoy these dips is by placing them on a piece of bread or bun, topping it with freshly sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves, and a slice of cheese. By turning it into a sandwich or a burger, this cutlet serves perfectly well as a lunch or even a snack.
- Hotdogs: You can shape these in cylinders and cook. This way, you can turn them into a sausage. Place it in a hotdog bun, top it up with pickled relish and enjoy!
- Salads: You can serve these chicken cutlets with your favorite garden salad and enjoy.
Without waiting any further, let’s head straight to the recipe.
Semolina Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- 500 grams Chicken boneless, skinless, diced
- 3 1/2 tbsp Semolina
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Coriandar powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- First of all, wash the boneless chicken withcold water. To get rid of all the gunk.
- Pat it dry using a kitchen towel.
- Using a sharp knife, cut theboneless chicken into small pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in afood processor bowl.
- Add egg and process until the chicken pieces are minced.
- Once done, take the mincedchicken out of the food processor bowl and place it in a deep bowl.
- Add salt, coriander powder, and half fo the milk.
- Using a wooden spoon or yourhands, mix the ingredients well so that they are combined.
- In a separate bowl, pour milk andadd semolina. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the semolina to the minced chicken mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or yourhands, mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Grease your hands and startshaping the mixture into patties using your hands. Place the patties or cutletson a plate.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is heated, addchicken cutlets and let them cook on one side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip them to cook on the otherside.
- Once they are golden, take themout of the pan and serve hot