Are you looking for something healthy, fulfilling, and that satisfies your taste buds? Then these No-Bake Granola Energy Bites, are your healthy go-to snack.
With the emergence of mindful eating habits, and opting for nutritious food, these healthful bites provide you with various nutrients, healthy fibers, natural oils, vitamins, omega oils, plant-based proteins, and fibrous husks to aid your metabolic rates.
How To Make This?
Even if you are a beginner, and never tried your hand in cooking, still you can make these easy-breezy Granola Bites. These No-Bake Granola Energy Bites are made from rolled oats, chia seeds, honey, nuts, ground flax seeds, coconut flakes, peanut butter, and yummy chocolate chips or drops.
What Equipment/Tool Will You Need?
- A large bowl
- A cookie dough scoop
- A butter paper or Parchment paper
Oat flakes: Oatmeal helps the heart health and aids weight loss because it is loaded with natural fibers, proteins, omega-3, and healthy fats, and promotes digestive systems, and keeps up your heart health.
Ground flaxseeds: Flax seeds are loaded with omega 3, soluble fibers, and are known as super seeds. It helps in aiding weight loss, maintains a healthy blood flow, and nourishes your skin, and is super important for cardiovascular functioning.
Chia seeds: You might find this ingredient in a lot of recipes, as this is comparable with a lot of recipes. Just a handful of chia seeds can provide an abundance of healthy fats, proteins, calcium, magnesium, and some important b Vitamins.
Coconut flakes: Coconut flakes or desiccated coconuts provide the nourishment of natural oils to these energy bites.
Peanut butter (unsweetened): Peanut butter provides bind and stickiness that helps to bring together the ingredients like, rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and chocolate drops. This helps to give a defined shape to these energy bites.
Honey: For the people who like to eat sweets, but are a little health conscious, then honey is the best option.
Chocolate drops: Chocolate drops not only add a lavishing flavor but also is a great source of antioxidants and also helps in reducing cholesterol levels. To prepare these healthful Energy Bites, you just need 10 minutes from your busy schedule. 5 min to arrange the ingredients and 5 minutes to mix and make these Granola Rounds.
How to Prepare Granola Energy Bites?
Step 1. Take a large mixing bowl, and add all the dry ingredients like rolled oats, coconut flakes, nuts, and dried fruits, flax seeds, and chia seeds. If ground flax seeds are not easily available, then whole flax seeds can also be used.
Step 2. After giving a mix to these dry ingredients, add a spoonful of peanut butter and unsweetened honey. If the honey is quite thick and solidified, then you should warm it up on a double boiler or in a microwave for a few seconds.
Step 3. Now using a spatula, gently stir all the ingredients well. If you feel the need to add more peanut butter, then feel generous and add more.
Step 4. Now take the mixture on your palm, drizzle some chocolate drops in the center of the mixture, and using both your palms, try to bring it into rounds or balls.
Note: You can apply just a few drops of oil on your palms, to avoid the sticking of batter on your hands, and to make perfect and smooth Energy balls.
Step 5. Take a plate and grease it with butter, then place these Granola Rounds on the plate. And refrigerate it for an hour. You can garnish it with some more chocolate drops, to make it more delightful for kids.
Step 6. Serve this No-bake Granola Energy bites with a cup of milk, or with fruit juice, in the morning for a power-packed energy day.
As they are high in calories, it’s better to consume them in the morning, or after breakfast.
Helpful Tips To Make Them More Nutritious And Delicious
- Grease your palms with oil while making the balls, and giving them a shape. This will avoid the sticking of batter on your hands, and will also give a smooth shape to the energy rounds.
- Try to use a cookie scoop to take a uniform measurement of the granola mixture every time. This will ensure equal shape size of Energy bites.
- Check the label of your peanut butter to ensure that it does not have any other ingredients, like processed sugar, and preservatives.
Essential Storage Tips
To Store: These Granola Energy bites can be easily stored in a refrigerator for about two weeks. To maintain the freshness and crispiness of the ingredients, just ensure that they are stored in an air-tight container.
To Freeze: You can easily freeze the granola energy bites in a zip-lock wrap. These can be frozen for about 30 days, and it’s better to consume them within this time limit.
To Reheat: If you are planning to freeze these granola energy bites, then it’s important to defrost and reheat, before consuming them. As the presence of peanut butter and honey will harden the ball and will make it difficult to chew, so reheat them in a microwave for a minute before consuming.
What Can Be Served With These Granola Energy Bites?
- Have these Energy Bites with your Protein Shake: Filled with nutrients and fibers, these are a perfect handy snack with a pre-workout Protein Shake.
- Serve these with scoops of Vanilla Ice cream: To give your sweet cravings a touch of nutrition, have these granola energy bites with vanilla ice cream. You can crush the bites and add them to your ice cream, to give a creamy and crunchy chew in every bite.
Variations For These Granola Energy Bites
- With Crushed Coffee Beans: To enhance the flavor of these Granola Rounds, you can add some crushed coffee beans to it. This might give a slightly bitter taste to the Energy bites, but the aromatic presence is much more delightful with coffee. You can also slip in some more honey, to compensate for the slight bitterness of coffee.
- Granola Energy Bites Dipped in Chocolate Syrup: If your kids find these Granola Bites uninteresting, then dip these in some thick chocolate syrup and refrigerate them. When these Granola Rounds are covered with chocolate, they’ll resemble chocolate balls, and your kids will love to have these
- Switch Honey with Maple Syrup: If you are a little extra health cautious, and avoid having honey in your diets, then switch it with Maple Syrup. Maple syrup will only enhance the taste and load it with more nutrients, as it contains high amounts of antioxidants and helps in lowering your Glycemic rate. Maple syrup will add a caramelized taste to your Energy Bites.
This no-bake Granola Energy bite takes less than 15 minutes of preparation but gives an abundance of health benefits to your body. When looking for some light snacking option, this energy bite is perfect to opt for, as this not only satiates your cravings but also provides loads of protein, healthy fats, natural fibers, and also some important nutrients like zinc, potassium, folate, etc.
No-Bake Granola Energy Bites
- 100 g Oat flakes
- 30 g Ground flaxseeds
- 100 g Chia seeds
- 40 g Coconut flakes
- 40 g Peanut butter unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Chocolate drops
- Place oat flakes, chia seeds, coconut and ground flaxseeds in a deep bowl. You can use whole flaxseeds as well.
- Add unsweetened peanut butter and honey. It is convenient if the honey is liquid, however, if it becomes thick, you can melt it in a water or steam bath.
- Stir all ingredients until combined. Place a small portion of the oatmeal in the palm of your hand. Press a couple of chocolate drops into the center and then shape into a ball. Put it on a plate and continue to form energy bites further.
- It is better to chill ready-made bites in the refrigerator before serving.
- They are quite nourishing and high-calorie, they can easily satisfy hunger. You can serve them early in the day or before an energy-intensive event, such as before a workout.