TIP: Whenever serving a dish with no crunch, you can always add roasted or toasted almonds or pine nuts.
Keto-Friendly Low Carb Mushroom Broccoli Risotto
- 1 Large Head of the Fresh Organic Broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 9 oz Fresh Organic Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 2 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Salted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- A Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- Cook rice to directions and set aside.
- Bring half of the veg-stock to a boil and put aside to cool.
- Slice the mushrooms and stir-fry in butter until almost golden brown.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces and add to mushrooms.
- Add half of the wine and the rest of the veg-stock.
- Leave uncovered and let simmer until the remaining liquid starts to boil down.
- Slowly pour in the remaining wine and add the heavy cream. Simmer until broccoli is medium tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and the rice. Top the dish with the sprig of fresh thyme.
About the Author
Lori Bogedin is a health and wellness writer and editor of TwigsCafe.com. She is in the restaurant business since 1999. In 2016 she was named one of the "Top Women in Business" by Northeastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.