Feel free to play and experiment when it comes to sauces. You can spice it up with other varieties other than tzatziki. The dish could be served with some Greek yogurt with harissa or tahini. Hummus and garlic-scallion sauce are other popular choices.
So, are you looking forward to making this at your next family dinner?
If you are new to this, let’s also discuss the recipe of tzatziki sauce to make the process easier.
Greek Lamb Skillet Gyro Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Zucchini
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 33 oz Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Olives
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- Take up a large skillet and put on a stove on medium flame.
- Once it is heated, add oil and onions.
- Fry the onions until they are soft and brownish-golden in color.
- Stir in garlic and keep frying.
- Add the meat. We are assuming that you are using ground lamb. Cook the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add in zucchini and cook it until it gets softened.
- Add Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper, Stir to nicely blend the flavor.
- Take the vegetable mixture and mix it up with vegetable broth. Heat it until it comes to a low boil.
- Add and stir the rice. Cover it with a lid and leave it to a reduced flame.
- Cook the rice for about ten to fifteen minutes until it is fluffy and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove it from the heat and add tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.
- Spice it up with Tzatziki Sauce.