Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
Gnocchi Mac and cheese blend yummy and lip-smacking flavors with tons of cheese that can turn any day into a delicious treat. To make yourself a mouth-watering dinner, all you need is a couple of nutritious ingredients.
The Gnocchi mac and cheese has nearly 282 kcal in one serving. These rich and flavorsome macaroni and cheese will be a treat for your taste buds as well as your stomach.
How Do You Make Gnocchi Mac And Cheese?
To make super yummy and filling Gnocchi mac and cheese, you will need a handful of ingredients like flour, spices, Gnocchi mac, cheese, and more. By mixing all these tasty ingredients, you can prepare the most cheesy and flavourful mac and cheese that you have ever tasted.
You can also add some additional ingredients such as garlic, basil, butter to make the dish more creamy, flavorful, and ambrosial.
What Equipment/Tool Will You Need?
- Baking Oven
- Gnocchi mac: Gnocchi is commonly famous as an Italian pasta dish. It is made from eggs, flour, and mashed potatoes. Most people prefer eating Potato Gnocchi rather than eating regular pasta.
- Loaded cheese: To properly melt the cheese with the Gnocchi, you must grate the cheese and pour it on hot Gnocchi. You can use Parmigiano, Reggiano cheddar, parmesan, and mozzarella to make the gnocchi pasta super creamy.
- Flavorful Sauces: Adding various spicy sauces to enhance the Gnocchi mac and cheese flavor can make the dish extra flavorsome and tasteful.
- Butter: Butter is one thing that you can’t miss to make your dinner yummy and creamy. Adding butter with different kinds of cheese can make your dinner extra tasteful.
- Tons of Spices: You can add all kinds of spices such as salt, pepper, chilly and more to make this dish flavorful.
How To Prepare Gnocchi Mac And Cheese?
The steps of making a delicious Gnocchi mac and cheese are straightforward. Read the following steps carefully to make a finger-licking dinner for your family and friends.
Step 1: To start the process, you need to heat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to preheat the oven and then move to the next step.
Step 2: Take a bowl or a plate and cover it with non-stick spray. Read the directions mentioned on the gnocchi package carefully and pre-prep the gnocchi. Put the gnocchi in a shallow baking utensil.
Step 3: Now take a saucepan to melt the butter and make it like a paste. Put some garlic in it and stir it well until your nostrils can smell an ambrosial fragrance. While stirring the butter paste, put some flour in it and whisk it to make it a thick buttery paste. (until 3-4 minutes)
Step 4: Mix Gruyere and fontina and put them in a small quantity in the buttery paste. Whisk it well and then put another handful of mixture again.
Step 5: As you are done with the buttery paste, you can season the sauce with pepper, salt, and some other spices and herbs that you want to add. Pour the sauce over Gnocchi to make the dish creamy and textured. Add Parmigiano cheese over it and make it extra flavorful.
Step 6: Now put the Gnocchi in the oven and leave it for a good 25 minutes. Let it bake till the cheese turns golden, and Gnocchi is puffed nicely. Don’t forget to garnish with basil and parsley.
Helpful Tips To Make Them Extra Flavorsome
- To make the Gnocchi creamy and buttery, make sure to shred the cheese yourself. Shredded cheese melts and makes it extra cheesy and creamy. (Pro tip: Cheese is a great source of protein, feel free to add as much as you like.)
- Drain the Gnocchi in water before initiating the entire process. Take 5 minutes extra to prep the Gnocchi by following the instructions mentioned on the package.
- Whisk it to make it thick and creamy. One thing to take your Gnocchi mac and cheese dinner to another level is to whisk the cheese properly.
Essential Storage Tips For This Recipe
- Keep it sealed: You can store the Gnocchi in a fully packed, sealed container.
- Dry storage boxes equals fresh food: Make sure to hold the Gnocchi in a dry container.
- Adding some extra time with the right temperature: The Gnocchi mac and cheese is good to keep for at least three days at a cool temperature.
What Can Be Served With This Dish?
Refreshing Flavored Drinks:
Eating Gnocchi mac loaded with tons of cheese can make you extra thirsty. Serving some refreshing flavored drinks with the mouth-watering Gnocchi can be an appetizing treat for your tastebuds. You can serve:
- Ginger soda
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Strawberry punch
- Mango blossom
- Red/White wine
Garlic Flavored Mushrooms:
Serving garlic mushrooms with cheese Gnocchi can be a great idea for dinner. Fresh garlic-flavored mushrooms can be a great combination with cheese pasta any day.
Variations For Gnocchi Mac And Cheese
- Gnocchi mac and cheese with Fried Sage: You can garnish the cheesy Gnocchi with some nicely fried sage leaves to make the dish extra flavorful.
- Variations with different types of cheese: You can also use various types of cheese such as cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella to make a lip-Licious cheesy gnocchi pasta.
- Layer of Hummus: To make the mac and cheese more enjoyable you can also put fine pieces of Hummus on top of it.
- Dijon mustard: To spice up the cheesy Gnocchi you can pour the Dijon mustard sauce over the flavorsome dish.
Set yourself for an elegant dinner of Gnocchi mac and cheese. Serving your favorite Gnocchi with some refreshing drinks or garlic mushrooms can be a tasty dinner for all your friends and family. Enjoy these delicious ideas and tell us about your experiences in the comment section below.
DELICIOUS GNOCCHI MAC AND CHEESE
- 1 Baking Oven
- 1 Grater
- 1 Whisker
- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Fontina/ Gruyere Shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Shredded
- Salt & White Pepper
- Basil or Parsley Leaves For Garnish
- Heat the oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions given on the package to prepare Gnocchi. Drain it properly and put it in a single layer shallow baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir it well till it turns into a thick paste. Put some garlic in it and stir constantly.
- While stirring the butter, put a handful of flour in it and whisk it simultaneously for 3-4 minutes. Shred Gruyere and fontina with a grater and put it in the buttery paste as well. Whisk the paste firmly.
- Now that your buttery paste is ready you can put spice like salt, pepper and some other herbs on it.
- Pour the sauce on the Gnocchi and let it settle well.
- Leave it for 5-6 minutes before garnishing.
- Garnish with Parsley and basil.
About the Author
Camellia Jones is an editor at Twigs Cafe. She rounds up all the delicious food from the web for specific diets. She likes to spend the rest of her time with her children.