We all want a better life, and we do everything we can to be healthier and in better shape. At least we try! The thing is, staying healthy, reaching our weight goals, and looking our best is not as hard as you think — sometimes, it’s as easy as adding cucumber lime water to your diet.
Yes, cucumber water is undoubtedly the easiest way to improve your wellbeing, it’s super easy to make, and it costs almost nothing. So, is it true? Can cucumber lime water change your life? It certainly can. Here’s all you need to know about cucumber lime water, how to make it and why it’s good for you.
Who knew you could turn ordinary ingredients into such a healthy drink? And by the way, if you were wondering, cucumber lime water is delicious!
Health Benefits of Cucumber Lime Water
First things first. Cucumber lime water is no miracle drink. Sure, it works at many levels in your system and will nourish, hydrate and detox your body. Still, although drinking lime water will certainly change your life for good, you must complement it with other habits.
Enjoy a healthy, balanced diet, consume less red meat, keep simple carbs to the minimum and eat lots of legumes and veggies. That’s a start. A healthy diet will make you feel better, and cucumber lime water is the cherry on the cake.
You want to have an active lifestyle as well. Your diet is just half the story — you need to get moving! Do yoga, take a spinning class or go to the gym. At the very least, take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can.
Staying Hydrated Matters
Although cucumber lime water has extraordinary and unexpected health benefits and nutritional values, perhaps its most important trait is that it keeps you hydrated! You’d be surprised to know most of us don’t consume enough liquids, and that takes a toll on our health.
Everything, from dry skin to headaches and from feeling tired and irritated to having digestive problems, has something to do with your hydration levels. Drink cucumber lime water, yes, but if unavailable, drink water!
Being hydrated is the difference between feeling light and bloated. It’s that easy. The best part? Staying hydrated is effortless. Just fill a reusable bottle with cucumber lime water and carry it around. You can do that, right?
Resist the urge to drink soft drinks, especially the ones sweetened with sugar. Although we’re all different, chances are all your ailments are caused by excess sugar consumption, from overweight to heart problems. And often, that sugar comes from sugary drinks.
So, as you see, being healthier is not only about what you eat and drink but also about what you avoid. Having said that, let’s explore the health benefits of cucumber lime water; it’s truly remarkable!
Health Benefits of Cucumbers
Let’s take a look at the health benefits of cucumber water and see what they do for your health, and we’ll start with cucumbers!
- Cucumbers are 95 percent water, making them an extraordinary way to stay hydrated. The other 5%, though, that’s where all the nutrition and health benefits are!
- A cup of cucumber adds only 15 calories to your diet, so it can help you meet your weight goals. And since cucumber has lots of dietary fiber, it makes you feel satisfied, so you won’t overeat.
- Cucumbers and an excellent source of potassium, a natural electrolyte that regulates the sodium in your blood, keeping you better hydrated. It’s like natural Gatorade! Potassium also lowers your blood pressure.
- Cucumbers are high in vitamin K. You can find the vitamin in many superfoods, including spinach and kale, and it’s especially healthy because it helps your blood clot efficiently and strengthens your bones.
- Last but not least, cucumbers are packed with antioxidants, natural molecules that find their way into your bloodstream and bind with scavenging free radicals. Free radicals are responsible for premature aging, chronic inflammation, high blood pressure, and many degenerative diseases.
Health Benefits of Lime
If you think cucumbers are healthy, wait until you read what lime juice in cucumber lime water can do for you. This citrus fruit is not only cheap and easy to find but also deliciously aromatic and refreshing, so adding it to your diet is an authentic treat! Let’s take a look at what health benefits lime offers.
- You surely know citrus fruits like lime have high amounts of vitamin C, a compound that boosts your immune system, but limes also contain excellent amounts of vitamins A, B, and D.
- Lime juice is excellent to rejuvenate your skin, it’s a good source of hydration with high amounts of potassium, but it also contains antioxidants that take care of your body at a cellular level — they’ll reduce heart disease risk and inflammation.
- The citric acid in lime juice boosts your metabolism, making the body burn calories faster, and that means that you can get one step closer to your desired weight.
- Lime juice can help you keep glucose levels in your blood at bay, improve your insulin resistance, and reduce the risk of suffering from type 2 diabetes.
What to Expect When Drinking Cucumber Lime Water?
As you see, both cucumbers and limes are incredibly healthy can benefit your health in many ways. Together, they become an authentic power drink — the single best beverage to carry with you. In a nutshell, here’s what you can expect from drinking cucumber water regularly.
- You’ll be hydrated, so you’ll feel light and brimming with energy, your skin will be moist and glossy, and you won’t suffer from bloating and heaviness.
- You’ll be protecting your heart. Antioxidants in the drink will protect your tissue, lower your blood pressure reducing inflammation. You’ll also prevent symptoms of premature aging.
- You’ll have a robust immune system, stronger bones, and better digestion. Cucumber lime water really affects all your body.
- You’ll feel satiated and won’t overeat, and since cucumber lime water boosts your metabolism, you’ll burn calories faster, too, so you’ll be on the right track to lose weight.
Variations and Substitutions.
Although cucumber water is healthy enough already, there’s always room for improvement, and while you’re at it, customize your drink to your taste and preferences. There’s no way of getting cucumber lime water wrong — it’s always tasty!
- Add chia seeds to cucumber water for extra protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Throw in a fistful of blueberries for a colorful touch and an extra antioxidant boost. You can also add blackberries, strawberries, or any berry you want!
- A few mint or basil leaves will give the loveliest scents to your cucumber lime water, and they have their own health benefits, too.
- A splash of cranberry juice will give a nice pink hue to your drink. Just don’t overdo it; it’s overly sweet! When possible, use zero-calorie juice.
- Use sparkling water instead of plain water for a refreshing summery version. And add some ice cubes to enjoy it cold and delicious.
How To Make Cucumber Lime Water.
- 4 limes.
- 1 medium-sized cucumber.
- 4 glasses of non-chlorinated water.
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel the cucumber. Cut it in half. Slice one half into thin wheels and the other half into medium-sized cubes.
- In a blender, add the cubed cucumber, water, salt and squeeze the limes in.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended cucumber lime water into a pitcher and throw in the cucumber slices. Mix and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Try sourcing organic limes and cucumbers.
- Peeling the cucumber is optional. The peel is edible and very nutritious, but it will give a grittier texture to your water.
- The same goes for the cucumber seeds; they’re edible and will add extra fiber to your drink. For a smoother beverage, remove the seeds.
- If the drink is too thick for you, add more water.
- When using sparkling water, blend the cucumber and lemon juice without it. If the blender gets stuck, add a splash of regular water. Incorporate the sparkling water straight into the pitcher.
- Adding a pinch of salt to cucumber lime water accentuates its flavors and boosts the water’s hydration ability.
Now You Know it, Drink Cucumber Lime Water Starting Today!
We’re sure you somewhat knew cucumber lime water was healthy, but who could have imagined just three ingredients could become such a powerful addition to your diet? And here’s a final tip, be consistent! A glass of cucumber water won’t do much for you but enjoy it every day, and you’ll soon see its health benefits kick in.
Enjoying an abundant, healthy life is all about having good habits. Eat well, work out and stay hydrated. That’s the secret behind a happy, healthy life. If you enjoyed this information, share the cucumber lime water with friends and family. Let’s give the drink some love! Enjoy your delicious cucumber lime water and start feeling better today.
About the Author
Lori Bogedin is a health and wellness writer and editor of TwigsCafe.com. She is in the restaurant business since 1999. In 2016 she was named one of the "Top Women in Business" by Northeastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.