We all love cooking with pasta as it’s one of the most versatile dishes and on top of that, it’s super easy to prepare. Pasta is truly an example of a meal with great tastes, textures, and all kinds of scrumptious goodies. That being said, let’s try something new and refreshing with one of the most loved ingredients out there. The Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet can be the best example, to begin with. A simple recipe that can be made in 40 minutes with the luscious taste of chicken and cheese mixed with your favorite pasta.
For Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet, you can use any pasta, for example, fusilli or penne. You can also take chicken fillet or thigh fillet, which are fattier. In any case, it should be boneless meat.
How To Prepare These Amazing Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillets?
This Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet is a perfect dish to serve at dinners. With the exquisite flavor of chicken pasta with the mouthwatering toppings of cheese on it, it satisfies your taste buds in every bite. It takes nearly 20 minutes for the preparation of this dish and about 20 minutes for cooking this tasty cheesy chicken pasta skillet with a calorie count of 151 per 100g.
Equipment You Need For This Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large Skillet
Chicken fillet: This is a crucial ingredient for the recipe. You can also go for thigh fillet or breast fillet but it will be fattier, keep in mind that the meat you’re using should be boneless.
Sweet pepper: Not only these are great sources of vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin C. These are rich for flavoring of the dishes as well.
Canned corn: A rich source of fiber and potassium. It adds to the beauty and flavoring of the dish.
Frying oil: For the preparation of this dish, this is a necessary ingredient in small amounts.
Pasta: It is also the key ingredient for our cheesy tex mex chicken pasta skillet.
Salt to taste: As per your preference, you can add salt to it and also depending on the servings.
Spices to taste: You can do a little experiment here, from oregano to basil leaves, and from black pepper to red pepper. All this depends on your taste preference and availability of the spices.
Cheddar: Cheddar cheese will boost your recipe with Iron, Vitamin A, and Vitamin K. This is the most important topping for pasta.
Fresh herbs for garnishing: Top the dish with some fresh parsley and coriander leaves.
How To Prepare Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet?
Step 1: Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until almost done. Drain the water and set it aside. Cut chicken meat into small pieces or you can mince them.
Step 2: In a skillet, heat oil for 5 minutes, and deep fry the fillet chunks. The corn and diced bell peppers should be added after that. Cook for a further 5 minutes on low heat, and stir occasionally.
Step 3: Toss the boiling pasta into the skillet. Mix everything and cook for another 2 minutes.
Step 4: Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese in the skillet. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Wait a few minutes after covering the skillet with a lid. The cheese will melt, and the meal is ready to be served.
Step 5: Sprinkle some fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, to enhance the taste, and these leaves come with a crunch. You can serve some of the pasta with tomato sauce if desired.
Some Important Tips to Follow
- Before serving, garnish with some crushed tortilla chips if you want it to be extra crunchy.
- Broil the cheese for 2-3 minutes in an oven-safe skillet to get it golden brown and bubbling. Because the broiler is so hot, keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper to make it hot, or some chipotle seasoning to make it smokey.
- Before serving, garnish with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro or 1 chopped green onion.
Essential Storage Tips For This Recipe
To store: This Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days, but it’s best eaten the day it’s made. To prevent the pasta from drying out, refrigerate it in an airtight container. This dish can be prepared ahead of time and frozen for a hectic night. It’s recommended to merely cook the pasta until it’s ready to cook or precooked.
To reheat: To Reheat the Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet you need to microwave it for 5-10 minutes. The night before serving the pizza skillet, defrost it in the refrigerator. Then reheat in a large skillet, adding more broth if necessary. Before serving, mix in the cheese.
To freeze: If you’re preparing this to freeze, skip the cheese as well, then keep an airtight zip-lock wrap ready. You can store this dish for 5-6 days in a freezer.
What Can Be Served With This Luscious Dish?
This dinner would be enhanced by the addition of extra cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Brussels Sprouts with Cacio E Pepe: To improvise the taste of this dish, try it in combo with Brussels Sprouts and Cacio E Pepe can be served alongside the pasta dish. They’re roasted in butter, olive oil, and Pecorino Romano.
- Chopped Italian Salad Pizza: We can all agree that salad on top of pizza is a godsend. After biting into warm ricotta, crisp microgreens, and sweet-and-spicy pepperoncini, this is created with store-bought dough.
- Eggplant Pizza: A crispy and cheesy Eggplant Pizza can also be served with the dish for a more flavorful presentation. This is low-carb, gluten-free, and oh-so-delicious.
Variations For This Recipe
- Experiment with the pasta shapes: Use rotini, farfalle (bow-tie pasta), or fusilli to make your favorite bite-size pasta shape.
- Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta with Mushrooms and peppers: Mushroom Poblano peppers, often known as jalapenos, are a type of chili pepper.
- Twist in the toppings: Top it with some black olives, peas, kale, spinach are some veggies that you can add to your pasta skillet as per your liking.
An absolute perfect meal for a meal with your loved ones. One that you can enjoy any time of the day, A perfect example for taste and a fulfilling meal. Enjoy the heavenly taste of your favorite pasta with the blend of your chicken and cheese. Save some for tomorrow’s lunch and savor it.
Cheesy Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 350 g Chicken fillet
- 1 Sweet pepper
- 100 g Canned corn
- 15 ml Frying oil
- 70 g Pasta
- 70 g Cheddar
- Salt to taste
- Spices to taste
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Dip the pasta in boiling salted water and cook until almost done. Then drain the water. Cut the chicken meat into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Fry the fillet pieces for 5 minutes. Then add the corn and diced bell peppers. Fry everything together for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add boiled pasta to the skillet. Mix everything and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar to the skillet. Stir and turn off heat. Cover the skillet with a lid and wait a couple of minutes. The cheese will melt and the dish can now be served.
- It turns out much tastier if you sprinkle a portion of chicken pasta with fresh herbs, for example, parsley or basil. If you wish, you can pour a portion of the pasta with tomato sauce.